Initial Boarding Agreement with Request for Information, Explanation of Policies, and Preauthorization for Emergency Care
Owner’s/Authorized Agent’s Name:
In order to protect the health of your pet, this facility requires documentation showing that all boarding pets have current vaccinations.
Canines must have current Rabies, Distemper, and Bordetella vaccines. If a dog has not had a Bordetalla vaccine or if it has expired this vaccine must be done 2 weeks prior to the pet's stay.
It is not required but recommended that all canines that board recieve a Canine Influenza Vaccine.
Felines must have current Rabies and FVRCP vaccines as well as proof of a negative FELV/FIV test.
The Feline Leukemia Vaccination is required for cats that go outdoors. It is recommended that Ferrets be vaccinated against distemper and rabies when boarding, but it is not required. If any of your pets’ vaccinations are past due, they must be inoculated before boarding. Vaccines that must be administered by Imperial Animal Hospital's licensed veterinarian will be added to your final invoice.
Pets that are so young that they have not completed their entire series of vaccinations may not yet be protected and, thus, owners accept any risks of infection.
If your pet will be receiving medication during his or her stay, it must be in the original veterinary-labeled container with instructions for administration and your veterinarian’s phone number.
Fees for medications that need to be filled or refilled during the time your pet is boarded will be added to your invoice.
Statement of Kennel Policy
1. Our Boarding fees are applied by the overnight stay of the pet(s).
2. Pets must be picked up during business hours. Discharges after hours are not allowed.
Monday-Friday 7:30am - 6:00pm
Saturday 7:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday (Release Only) 9:00am - 11:00am and 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Check for Holiday Closures @ time of reservation
3. Personal items are more than welcome to be brought for your pets stay and we do our best to keep track of all pet's items, however, we are not responsible for loss or damage.
4. The Imperial Animal Hospital Pet Lodge is a hands on boarding facility. We must be able to touch and handle your pet in order to care for it. If your pet is unable to be handled during it's stay or is posing a threat to itself or the staff we will ask that the pet be picked up as soon as possible. We also reserve the right to refuse boarding services in the future if necessary.
5. Imperial Animal Hospital cannot guarantee the health of any animal, but we pledge to provide appropriate care to all pets lodging with us. I agree to hold this facility harmless for conditions that often are unavoidable in boarding environments, including, but not limited to, weight loss or gain, rough hair coat, kennel cough, upper respiratory infection, diarrhea, and fleas.
IMPERIAL ANIMAL HOSPITAL PET LODGE
Boarding Admission Form
6. In Case of Emergency
I acknowledge that in the event of a medical emergency, the staff at Imperial Animal Hospital will try, but may not be able to contact me immediately. Nonetheless, they are authorized to initiate appropriate treatment until my agent or I can be reached. I agree to pay all related expenses associated with the treatment of my pet until I am available to discuss further care and related fees with the attending veterinarian. If my pet(s) has a medical emergency during their stay, I request that the
veterinarian on staff provide all medical/surgical treatment it deems necessary, with fees not to exceed:
Please choose an amount below:
I give Imperial Animal Hospital permission to take photographs and videos of myself and my pet for the purpose of posting on Imperial Animal Hospital Facebook, Twitter, clinic website, and other forms of social media.
I agree to make full payment at the time of discharge. I certify that my pet(s) appears to be free of contagious disease and has not bitten anyone in the past ten days. I accept that if I fail to pick up my pet(s) within ten days of notification at the above address, it will be considered abandoned and will be handled in accordance with state law, and that doing so does not relieve me of my financial obligations.
I do not want my pet to receive the Canine Influenze Vaccine at this time.
I want to start the Canine Influenza Vaccine series for my pet.
I have read the above and I am in full agreement.